During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- Dirty, Dirty, Dirty
- UN expert in cultural rights calls for greater scrutiny and control of commercial advertising
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Clio Acceptance Speech
- UN Report on Advertising and Cultural Rights
- UN expert kicks off new study on the impact of advertising and marketing on cultural rights
- Beware of Advertising This Holiday Season
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from firstname.lastname@example.org 505,068 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,522 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 156,583 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,108 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,231 views
Tag cloudthingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm bad deals greenwashing online sticker billboard humor aaaproject AAAFFF toronto poster public space taxes san francisco tv self-loathing video consumer resistance branding add-art marketing illegal advertising grl los angeles prank free graffiti outdoor history china haha justfollowingorders hack politics brands social marketing ads everywhere nyc not creative art chicago the law how to you don't need it ad creep