During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- Dirty, Dirty, Dirty
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from firstname.lastname@example.org 505,027 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,502 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 156,473 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,101 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,203 views
Tag cloudnyc billboard tv free san francisco add-art china prank sticker video taxes ad creep brands how to you don't need it toronto not creative branding thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm politics greenwashing history public space ads everywhere self-loathing social marketing justfollowingorders the law AAAFFF online haha grl humor consumer resistance hack art illegal advertising graffiti outdoor poster bad deals aaaproject marketing chicago los angeles