During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- Dirty, Dirty, Dirty
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from firstname.lastname@example.org 505,597 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,981 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 158,348 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,186 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,695 views
Tag cloudpolitics graffiti video aaaproject public space billboard sticker brands outdoor china tv not creative san francisco haha hack toronto illegal advertising poster prank ads everywhere nyc branding art greenwashing ad creep you don't need it free history AAAFFF thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm marketing add-art online grl humor justfollowingorders the law social marketing taxes how to chicago bad deals los angeles self-loathing consumer resistance