During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- Dirty, Dirty, Dirty
- Scorpion TV on This Space Available
- touch + sight | celebrate your senses on Ad-Free Blog & Keep Your Day Job
- nagash on This Space Available
- Ashley Tumson on Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Kandy Giles on Ad Lib Poster Project
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement "oppertunity" from firstname.lastname@example.org 69,654 views
- Home 50,444 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 38,889 views
- Oprah, baby, please let me DeTouch you… 32,534 views
- Our Brands, Ourselves 13,303 views
Tag cloudgreenwashing self-loathing online graffiti thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm toronto social marketing consumer resistance outdoor public space branding san francisco free los angeles aaaproject justfollowingorders illegal advertising art prank haha video add-art AAAFFF hack you don't need it ads everywhere china nyc billboard history politics taxes the law brands not creative ad creep tv marketing sticker how to bad deals poster humor chicago grl