During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from email@example.com 505,770 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 352,075 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 158,870 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,218 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,800 views
Tag cloudadd-art tv branding billboard art public space video poster not creative china thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm illegal advertising graffiti free humor how to the law greenwashing brands outdoor san francisco los angeles hack marketing online politics chicago grl ads everywhere ad creep taxes sticker history haha you don't need it AAAFFF bad deals prank justfollowingorders toronto aaaproject nyc consumer resistance self-loathing social marketing