During his 2009 election campaign, City Attorney Carmen Trutanich promised to crack down on anyone putting up illegal billboards and supergraphic signs. Continuing to make good on that promise, his office has gotten the owners of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to remove the latest in a series of illegal supergraphics that have covered the walls of the historic structure for the past four years.The sign removed advertised the Warner Bros. movie, “Clash of the Titans” and was installed last month by In Plain Sight Media. Most of the previous signs advertised H&M, a Swedish clothing company. A federal court lawsuit filed last year by the sign company and owners of the Hotel is still active.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Owner Arrested For Hollywood Supergraphic Previously Cited For Sign Law Violations
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Movement Happening on Illegal Signs
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from email@example.com 505,747 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 352,052 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 158,749 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,214 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,774 views
Tag cloudads everywhere video AAAFFF tv thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm illegal advertising the law social marketing brands chicago billboard sticker art self-loathing toronto free branding you don't need it add-art marketing humor not creative haha history hack online bad deals grl how to greenwashing public space poster taxes consumer resistance nyc china san francisco politics prank justfollowingorders los angeles outdoor graffiti ad creep aaaproject