Friday night’s arrest of Kayvan Setareh for allowing an 8-story supergraphic ad to be wrapped across three sides of an historic Hollywood building was not the first time the Pacific Palisades man has run afoul of the city’s sign code, according to building department records. In January, 2007, a citation was issued for an illegal supergraphic on the building at 6777 Hollywood Blvd, and In November, 2006, citations were issued for a total of four illegal supergraphics on another building owned by Setareh at 5858 Hollywood Blvd. As reported by the L.A. Times, the arrest of Setareh followed concerns that because there was no inspection of the gigantic ad’s attachment to the building it could come loose and cause injury to pedestrians and motorists in the busy street below.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- Sign Industry: “The Law is interfering with my illegal income!!”
- Microsoft marketers get the slap from Austin PD
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from firstname.lastname@example.org 505,748 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 352,060 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 158,761 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,215 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,782 views
Tag cloudoutdoor social marketing poster taxes brands thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm tv ads everywhere marketing you don't need it humor graffiti nyc toronto public space san francisco art history justfollowingorders los angeles add-art sticker self-loathing how to politics free grl billboard branding china illegal advertising prank consumer resistance online ad creep hack bad deals chicago video greenwashing haha not creative the law aaaproject AAAFFF