The folks at the amazing Waffle Shop and Conflict Kitchen (do yourself a favor and check out those projects) are making their Billboard available at very reasonable rates. (I rented it for the week of March 27th!) Here’s the info:
We like to think of the billboard as an experimental publishing and broadcast system for stories, thoughts, and ideas. We know you want to get a message out but we also ask you try to push beyond the conventional and think creatively in your submission.
Here’s how it works:
- We are looking to promote stories and ideas and as opposed to businesses. We will reserve a few spots for non-profits, but request that they keep the aforementioned in mind.
- We are able to accommodate roughly 25 characters a line (including spaces) for a total of 125 or less characters on the 5 lines of the billboard.
- We will change the text every Sunday or the next day if the weather is bad (since it does involve two people up on a billboard for four hours)
- For people that want to rent for a month it’s $400, plus $50.00 for any weekly changes beyond the original post with the maximum cost being $550 for the month.
- All text for the billboard must be approved by the Waffle Shop as well as Eve Picker from We Do Property and Skip Schwab from East Liberty Development (they haven’t said no yet).
- Email us if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org