Friday night’s arrest of Kayvan Setareh for allowing an 8-story supergraphic ad to be wrapped across three sides of an historic Hollywood building was not the first time the Pacific Palisades man has run afoul of the city’s sign code, according to building department records. In January, 2007, a citation was issued for an illegal supergraphic on the building at 6777 Hollywood Blvd, and In November, 2006, citations were issued for a total of four illegal supergraphics on another building owned by Setareh at 5858 Hollywood Blvd. As reported by the L.A. Times, the arrest of Setareh followed concerns that because there was no inspection of the gigantic ad’s attachment to the building it could come loose and cause injury to pedestrians and motorists in the busy street below.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Industry: “The Law is interfering with my illegal income!!”
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Clear Channel Messed with LA Weekly and Lost!
- UN expert in cultural rights calls for greater scrutiny and control of commercial advertising
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Clio Acceptance Speech
- UN Report on Advertising and Cultural Rights
- UN expert kicks off new study on the impact of advertising and marketing on cultural rights
- Beware of Advertising This Holiday Season
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from email@example.com 505,083 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,534 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 156,623 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,112 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,260 views
Tag cloudadd-art self-loathing public space china marketing justfollowingorders brands consumer resistance greenwashing art aaaproject san francisco ad creep poster free chicago graffiti how to hack grl video prank nyc politics los angeles history sticker haha AAAFFF outdoor bad deals thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm tv not creative humor billboard branding online ads everywhere the law you don't need it taxes social marketing illegal advertising toronto