Friday night’s arrest of Kayvan Setareh for allowing an 8-story supergraphic ad to be wrapped across three sides of an historic Hollywood building was not the first time the Pacific Palisades man has run afoul of the city’s sign code, according to building department records. In January, 2007, a citation was issued for an illegal supergraphic on the building at 6777 Hollywood Blvd, and In November, 2006, citations were issued for a total of four illegal supergraphics on another building owned by Setareh at 5858 Hollywood Blvd. As reported by the L.A. Times, the arrest of Setareh followed concerns that because there was no inspection of the gigantic ad’s attachment to the building it could come loose and cause injury to pedestrians and motorists in the busy street below.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Industry: “The Law is interfering with my illegal income!!”
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Clear Channel Messed with LA Weekly and Lost!
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from email@example.com 505,379 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,712 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 157,535 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,157 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,441 views
Tag cloudthe law video brands public space humor prank add-art thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm haha how to graffiti branding ad creep you don't need it art online poster bad deals consumer resistance history tv chicago politics san francisco not creative marketing AAAFFF justfollowingorders social marketing greenwashing sticker ads everywhere outdoor billboard los angeles aaaproject hack grl illegal advertising self-loathing china nyc taxes free toronto