Friday night’s arrest of Kayvan Setareh for allowing an 8-story supergraphic ad to be wrapped across three sides of an historic Hollywood building was not the first time the Pacific Palisades man has run afoul of the city’s sign code, according to building department records. In January, 2007, a citation was issued for an illegal supergraphic on the building at 6777 Hollywood Blvd, and In November, 2006, citations were issued for a total of four illegal supergraphics on another building owned by Setareh at 5858 Hollywood Blvd. As reported by the L.A. Times, the arrest of Setareh followed concerns that because there was no inspection of the gigantic ad’s attachment to the building it could come loose and cause injury to pedestrians and motorists in the busy street below.
Submit to the Research Blog
Know of a great article, video, photo to submit to the site? Just completed a project you think should be shared with our readers?
- Office Tenants Plagued by Series of Illegal Supergraphic Signs; Do the L.A. City Attorney and District Councilman Care?
- Sign Industry: “The Law is interfering with my illegal income!!”
- Sign Companies, Property Owners, Advertising Agencies, Major Corporations Thumb Their Noses at L.A.’s New Off-Site Sign Ban
- NYT: DoB Removes sign with 103 violation notices
- Clear Channel Messed with LA Weekly and Lost!
- UN expert in cultural rights calls for greater scrutiny and control of commercial advertising
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Clio Acceptance Speech
- UN Report on Advertising and Cultural Rights
- UN expert kicks off new study on the impact of advertising and marketing on cultural rights
- Beware of Advertising This Holiday Season
Most Popular of All-Time
- Product Placement “oppertunity” from firstname.lastname@example.org 505,069 views
- Buenos Aires to Remove 40 Thousand Billboards to Fight Visual Pollution 351,523 views
- You Don’t Need It – Stickers 156,583 views
- New Project: Add-Art; replaces online ads with art 154,108 views
- Bus Stop Advertising Project 128,231 views
Tag cloudoutdoor humor chicago history public space los angeles how to you don't need it bad deals AAAFFF free social marketing taxes branding poster prank video china sticker online ad creep greenwashing brands san francisco marketing nyc not creative illegal advertising politics consumer resistance graffiti add-art self-loathing art billboard the law grl aaaproject tv thingsthatmakeyousayhmmmmm justfollowingorders ads everywhere haha hack toronto